We are always accepting applications!
Visitor Services (Part-time)
Wise Wonders Children’s Museum
110 N 29th Street
Billings, MT 59101
Wise Wonders is an emerging children’s museum in Billings, MT dedicated to inspiring creativity and imagination while also introducing children to science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics! In 2014, we received a 501c3 non-profit status, and in June 2015 the museum officially opened in a 3000 sq ft interim location. We provide interactive exhibits and programing for children and families to enhance learning in the Billings community.
Title: Visitor Services
Employee Classification: Non-exempt, part-time, hourly
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 9:30-3:30, potential for more/less
Reports To: Executive Director & Board of Directors
Job Purpose: Ensure that all children and families visiting the Museum have a great experience by providing excellent customer service and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 40% Maintains Quality Customer Service by:
- Providing hospitality to children and their caregivers by greeting each visitor, offering information, answering questions, and providing general assistance.
- Checking in customers, selling memberships, gift certificates, or other Museum products.
- Communicating Museum policies to visitors.
- Providing Assistance with exhibits as needed.
- 30% Maintains Overall Clean Museum Environment by:
- Walking through Museum making sure all thru ways are clear of debris or obstacles; standard being every 30 minutes.
- Upkeep of bathrooms, snack area, reusable exhibit products, spills, and general cleanliness.
- Cleaning props and exhibits throughout the day.
- Participating in prep and cleaning for field trips, parties, and classes.
- Providing assistance to Board of Directors and other staff.
- 10% Maintains a Safe Museum Environment by:
- Following and enforcing Museum standards and policies.
- Communicating any potential or active problems to the appropriate Museum staff.
- Assisting in lost child/caregiver response.
- Provide basic first aid as needed.
- 20% Administrative Duties:
- Keeping up to date on Museum policies, standards, and specific language
- Answering phones, taking messages, scheduling birthdays, fieldtrips, and tours.
- Registering new members, entering member information, and filing documents appropriately.
- Tracking daily admissions, fees, and reconciling all cash register and credit card machines.
- Consulting with Board of Directors and Assisting with special events.
- Assisting in additional tasks as assigned by supervisor or Museum Directors.
The Visitor Services and Museum Assistant should be cheerful, professional, and knowledgeable in their work. Excellent customer service skills are required. They should possess the talent to answer questions patiently and the ability to make guests feel welcome and important.
Education: High school diploma or GED required, A.A. or B.A. preferred
Skills & Abilities: Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint. Ability to operate cash register or basic point of sale system. Good communication. Flexible. Responsible. Self-motivated. Team oriented. Able to prioritize and work independently. Reliable and committed to this position and the mission of Wise Wonders.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to: Lauren Wright at email@example.com
– OR –
by mail to: Wise Wonders, Attn: Lauren Wright, 110 N 29th Street, Billings, MT 59101.
No phone calls please.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, Wise Wonders aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team.